I am an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Wayne State University. I am the director of the Information Processing Lab, where we study information theory and signal processing with emphasis on machine learning, wireless communication, and sensor fusion in wireless networks.
My Curriculum Vitae, ResearchGate profile, and Google Scholar profile.
- "Low-Dimensional Shaping for High-Dimensional Lattice Codes" accepted to IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications.
- Two papers presented at the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory in Barcelona: "Voronoi Constellations for High-dimensional Lattice Codes," with Nuwan Ferdinand and Behnaam Aazhang [slides], and "Rate-distortion Bounds on Bayes Risk in Supervised Learning," with Ahmad Beirami and Robert Calderbank [slides].
- New journal paper submitted to IEEE Transactions on Information Theory: "Rate-distortion Bounds on Bayes Risk in Supervised Learning," with Ahmad Beirami and Robert Calderbank [preprint].
- "Cooperative Compute-and-Forward" published in Jan. 2016 issue of IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications.
- "Dynamic Spectrum Estimation with Minimal Overhead via Multiscale Information Exchange" presented at IEEE Globecom, Dec. 2015.
- "Discrimination on the Grassmann Manifold: Fundamental Limits of Subspace Classifiers" published in Apr. 2015 issue of IEEE Transactions on Information Theory.
Prospective graduate students: I am looking for a talented Ph.D. student to join my research group for the 2017-2018 academic year. If you are interested, email me a CV, including relevant coursework, and a short cover letter describing your research ambitions. I seek indepentent, motivated students with expertise in linear algebra, probability, and optimization. I particularly encourage students of color, women, and students from other underrepresented groups to apply.
I am also interested in working with graduate and undergraduate students for short-term directed study for the Winter 2016 semseter. Please contact me if you are interested.